Curriculum and Performance Tables
What does your child learn at school each day? Find information about our curriculum subjects here.
THE EARLY YEARS FOUNDATION STAGE CURRICULUM (EYFS)
The Early Years Foundation Stage applies to children from birth to the end of the Reception Year. In the Early Years Foundation Stage there are seven areas of learning with Early Learning Goals:
Three Prime Areas
- Personal, Social and Emotional Development
- Making relationships
- Self-confidence and self-awareness
- Managing feelings and behaviour
2. Communication and Language
- Listening and attention
3. Physical Development
- Moving and handling
- Health and self-care
Four Specific Areas
- Shape, space and measure
3. Understanding the World
- People and communities
- The World
4. Expressive Arts and Design
- Exploring and using media and materials
- Being imaginative
KEY STAGE 1 CURRICULUM
At Callis we must offer a curriculum which is balanced and broadly based which;
- promotes the spiritual, moral, cultural, mental and physical development of pupils.
- prepares pupils for the opportunities, responsibilities and experiences of later life.
We must also offer;
- the National Curriculum
- Personal, Social, Health Education (PSHE)
- Religious Education
- a daily Act of Worship
The school is free to include other subjects or topics of its choice.
|The National Curriculum||Key Stage 1|
|Art and Design|
|Design and Technology|
|Other Curriculum Areas||Key Stage 1|
|Personal, Social, Health,
Further Curriculum Information
If you wish to find out more about the curriculum that Callis Grange follows please contact the school.